<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://littlehousedesign.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Little House Design: Jenny Lind

Monday, July 16, 2012

Jenny Lind

I love Jenny Lind beds. I like that they are a classic style with a touch of whimsy. They are so cute in kids rooms, especially when there are two of them. Like this (Source: Design*Sponge):
Or in a crib, like this (Source: EmmylouBeeDoo):
But here's the thing... I don't have kids yet. And I really like Jenny Lind beds so I happened upon one on Craiglist and guess what? It was a full! The exact size of mattress I have. So I sprung and got my self my own Jenny Lind bed. I paid $150 for it. I'm very happy with that price. When I went to pick it up I found out that the bed was built in the early 1910s as a wedding gift for the woman's grandparents. Her own mother was born in it! She was very sad to sell it but no one in her family wanted it. I can't even imagine! So I assured her that I would give it a very loving home. Here she is:
I love it so much. I like how high it is. I feel special when I get up into it. It is very distressed from the past 100 years of use, but it is still very sturdy. I've thought of maybe sanding it all down and re-staining it or possibly painting it. I love the look of a bright, fun bed frame, but I'm still undecided. For now I am happy to have my very own Jenny Lind bed!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Love it! Is it weird that I don't have kids either but have been stalking CL for two Jenny Lind's to set up like a kid's room in my spare room? I just think they're so cool.

 
At October 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That isn't weird at all! If I saw two twin jenny lind beds on craigslist I would totally buy them too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home