<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://littlehousedesign.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Little House Design: Front Door Makeover

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Front Door Makeover

I am so excited to show you all my first ever commissioned design project! Okay that may be overstating it a bit because it was for my mom, but isn't most peoples first supporter a parent?

A few weeks ago my mom said that she wanted to have me give her front door a facelift. She wanted a black door with silver accents. This past weekend my parent's were out of town and I was staying at their place keeping an eye on my youngest brother so it was the perfect time to do the project. I thought it would be fun to surprise them and do it without telling them. So here it is!

Before:


After:


Thankfully, they really liked it!

So here is a little about the process.




As you can see it really needed help. The door hadn't been painted in probably 8 years and those brassy gold accents aren't cool. If your wondering what the difference is between cool brass and bad brass... this is bad brass. Ninety's builder grade brass = bad.



I started by removing all the padlock, doorknobs, and kick plate.


Then I wiped the door down with a towel dipped in warm water and a few drops of dish soap. While it dried I went to the store to purchase all the supplies.

Here is what I bought:

- 1 gallon of Glidden exterior Onyx Black paint in satin finish
- silver kick plate
- silver knob
- silver keypad lock (they had the exact one that was already on the door - I was so happy!)





I am so happy with the finished product! Painting the door did not take that long, it was installing the knob, deadbolt, and keypad that took for.ev.er. I'm just really glad my parent's liked it. My first commissioned design project was a success!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home