<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://littlehousedesign.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Little House Design: I Have One too Many Rooms of My Own

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I Have One too Many Rooms of My Own

Okay, so that title pun is stretching it but seriously I have too much space. I know what your thinking.. WAH. I have a large bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, dining room, full (unfinished) basement, large yard, and a second bedroom... that's a lot of space for one person and a medium sized dog. You probably didn't even know that I had a second bedroom because I've never mentioned it. Well, here's why:






It's a hot mess huh? This is actually the 'clean' version (that black blur is Bob showing off is playroom). Here is my problem with this room: I have no freaking clue what to do with it. When I first moved in I seriously considered getting a roommate, I'm not totally opposed to it even now, it's just that this room isn't super appealing. It's kind of small and the closet is crazy tiny. So if I don't get a roommate...what do I do with a second bedroom? Here are my ideas:

1) A guest room
2) An office
3) Bob's room
4) Have a baby

Okay so I'm mostly joking about the last one but it is seriously a perfect room for a kid. As you can see from these images above the room has a dresser, rug, twin daybed, and lot of miscellaneous crap. It essentially functions as a storage area and it's the room I leave Bob in when I'm going to be away for a few hours.The daybed is intended for the front porch when it is eventually screened in. The dresser is one that I refinished when I was 17 and used up until I got my campaign dresser. The CB2 rug is from the living room of my old apartment. The tubs are full of books. All my tools and home improvement stuff is on top of the dresser and in a box. And in the closet I currently have all my excess home decorations (book ends, extra picture frames, odds and ends).



So what would you guys do with it? Should I try and get a roommate? Use at as an office? Make it a really nice guest room? I'm at a complete loss since it is totally a 'bonus room'.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 9, 2012 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Kim said...

ha ha...I feel your pain. I have a spare room and it's FULL O' JUNK! It's awful. I'm going to try to clean it up and make it into a guest room/office if I ever get motivated.

 
At October 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home