<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://littlehousedesign.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Little House Design: Pets as Interior Designers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pets as Interior Designers

This week I introduced you all to my pup Bob and it got me thinking... I have all these pictures of my friends and family around but only one of Bob. I don't know about your pet but my dog is pretty hard to photograph. I have one good one that I love and it hangs on my dining room gallery wall:


But most of them turn out like this:


I got inspired the other day browsing around on Etsy when I saw this:


The shop is call Girl + Parrot and she offers these custom watercolor pet portraits for only $35. I love them! I just told my mom I know what I want for Christmas.

Finding this inspired me to dig a little deeper and see what else is out there. If you have a pet or if you are just obsessed with dogs or cats or whatever, then here are a few ways to tastefully incorporate them into your interior design.


This puppy profile is from Printable Wisdom and is only $10.


I love this quirky little portrait from Diesel and Juice. Unfortunately, their custom portraits are expensive ($225) but they have a lot of pre-made portraits in a wide range of breeds. So if you have a Boston Terrier the chances that he looks like this portrait are high and for only $18 I think most people will believe you if you tell them it's custom.


(Source)

Aren't these throw pillows adorable? I want to just squeeze them! They aren't super cheap at around $40, but what a great thing to ask for for your birthday or the holidays. There are a ton of other animals to choose from over on Design Public.

(Source)

I can't for the life of me find the source of this wallpaper but I'm in love with it! It's amazing and I want it in every single room in my house (you think I'm joking but when I win the lottery I'm going to have a whole house of dog wallpaper). I'm sure it's crazy expensive but here's what I'm thinking... a stencil. Find a stencil and then use it to create a wallpaper effect. I just did a quick search and found several for only a few dollars (hmmm maybe I'll be doing this soon...).

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

How adorable are these fabrics? I can see them as pillows or even curtains if you're bold, but I think the cutest thing would be to make a bed for your pet.

That is all for this random edition of pets as interior designers, maybe next time I'll show you cool accessories for your pets because there is some awesome stuff in that area too. Thanks for reading!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention of my Diesel and Juice Prints! I actually just went in and added a new custom pet portrait option for $60. Budget friendly and just as cute. :]

 
At September 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for reading my blog Michele! Also, thanks for adding a new portrait option - that is so cool of you! I really like your shop... you make the animals look even cuter than they are in real life (Not an easy task!) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home